Where are my mama’s at? As I think about the last three months with Henry, I can’t help but giggle sometimes. I think about all the different things that nobody told me about having a little one. I’m not sure that I would’ve listened, cause ya know, preggo hormones, but still. Join me in finding some of the humor that is motherhood.
Nobody told me…
- The amount of lint in hands and toes. Seriously, where’s it coming from and why does it keep coming back!?
- Be quick or you may be dodging pee… or probably just getting peed on. #boymomproblems
- You will never go to the bathroom or eat a meal in peace again if your child is awake.
- That you will analyze every color of their poop.
- You are now a germaphobe. Wash your hands before touching my baby or else… but seriously, I’ll send you the hospital bill. #fluseason
- You are also now a walking side show. Everyone, I mean everyone, is trying to sneak a peek at your baby in public.
- Whether it be pee, poop, or breastmilk, you’re always smelly now.
- That a very tired babe does not sleep go to sleep without a fight. May the odds be in your favor!
- How hard, yet satisfying breastfeeding is. And you’ll be in the kitchen at 2 am looking for a snack after that middle of the night feed.
- The cute outfits spend most of the time hanging in the closet. Sleepers always win. Bonus points if it has a zipper!
- You will be comfortable sucking boogers out your child’s nose with your mouth. #nosefrida
- That the nurse hotline at the pediatricians office will be on speed dial.
- You will probably cry as much as your babe while they get their shots.
- That a stretch of 3 hours of sleep can suddenly feel like you slept for 8. The sleep deprivation is so real, you’ll feel a little crazy.
- The love you feel for them is so intense it can bring you to tears thinking about it!
What are some of the things about having a baby that nobody told you? Comment below!