It’s my birthday weekend!!! Woo hoo! Happy 31st Birthday to me! Last year, I wanted to do a big post about turning 30 and yadda yadda, well that never happened because that was also my first year of overwhelming motherhood. Birthdays after 30 get way less exciting in my opinion, so I thought it’d be fun to do a 31st birthday post! I always end up feeling really nostalgic around my birthday and find myself reflecting so today I’m sharing 31 facts you may not know about me! Here we go…
- I wanted to be a teacher most of my life, until I took a marketing class in high school (Shout out to Mrs. Stumpf!) and now I have my bachelors in business with a concentration in marketing.
- I’m the youngest and only girl! I have two older brothers, so watch yourself.
- I love a good greeting card. I put a lot of thought into picking them out!
- I had a bucket list blog at one point and it evolved to a more personal/lifestyle blog when I was laid off from a job.
- I’ve been doing #ootd pics my whole life.
- My dream job is being a mom and it’s pretty cool to be living it (Thanks Nick and Henry!)
- My favorite color is turquoise.
- I get the most compliments on my smile, but have had a lot of orthodontic work, pain, and money to get here!
- I played basketball until middle school when everyone kept growing and I stayed a shorty.
- I took piano lessons for years but hated practicing so it didn’t stick very well!
- Speaking of musical things, I also played percussion in the band for a hot minute!
- On that note, I also did chorus so I guess you could say I’ve a gota musical bone or two in me. Still, love a good karaoke night!
- I was not the best student in school even after many serious talks from my parents about applying myself. I think I ended up okay!
- Nick (my hubby) and I met online!
- I lived in West Virginia for about 1.5 years.
- My dad is still disappointed I quit dance class.
- I went thru an “emo” phase and wore studded belts and lots of eyeliner.
- I jumped off a swing and broke my collar bone… haven’t tried again since!
- I’ve always had an interest in clothing/ fashion from a young age!
- I was on the high school tennis team and did not get along with my couch because ::see below::
- I’m not really all that competitive especially for someone who grew up playing sports.
- I can touch my tongue to my nose.
- I really enjoy taking photos and have almost 14k photos on my current phone which is why I enjoy Instagram!
- I used to have my nose pierced and often think about getting it redone.
- I was an officer in the marketing club and competed at a national conference two years in a row… and placed!
- My favorite song is “‘Many the Miles” by Sara Bareilles
- I’ve always loved a good hat.
- I have a resting nice face, no like it’s seriously hard for me to have a serious face.
- I’ve always been ready for bed by 8 pm, I would ask to go to bed when I was little and still do!
- I have a crush on JT for at 20 years now, that’s like a really long time!! Haha!
- I worked for a party store for many years and can still handle a helium tank and balloons like champ.
If you read all of those, you deserve a big ole hug from me! Was there anything you were surprised to learn? If you know me, what is something I should’ve included?
Now off to blow out some candles…