As I’m going through the pregnancy journey again and I’ve been taking you along with me so I figured I’d share somethings that I am doing to prepare myself for postpartum recovery. I know very well that it takes sometime to heal and life will just be plain easier if you have all these things prepared! Now, in my experience the hospital gives you most of these things to take home. With that being said, I personally liked to have two stations set up (one upstairs and one downstairs) because I was too sore and tired to worry about where everything was at. So having the hospital versions plus some of your own is the winning ticket for me! I will also add, that I delivered vaginally so I don’t have any experience in c-section recovery. Here we go!
- Peri Bottle, I absolutely LOVE the Frida Mom version.
- Disposable Underwear or mesh undies with heavy pads.
- Dermoplast Spray, gives relief to stitches/tears down there.
- Perineal Ice packs, last time the hospital gave me plenty to take home.
- Witch Hazel pads, I’m trying the Frida Mom version this time versus Tucks since they are so much larger.
- Water Wipes, toilet paper is rough down there when things are healing and sensitive.
- Pain relief medication, self explanatory
- Stool Softeners, these will help ease the pain when that special time comes.
- If nursing:
- Nursing bra/tanks
Bonus: Treat yourself to some new dark colored comfy pajamas! You deserve it after your first shower to put on some cozy new pajamas!! The dark color will help hide any leaks. I also opted for buttons for ease of nursing!
You can find product links to all of these by clicking this (affiliate) link.
You got this and I promise you’ll feel like a super hero once you deliver. Good luck, mama!